Ruby 2.7 is released. Here is everything you need to know about it.
If you use Ruby 2.7 in your app there will be tons and tons of warnings. Most of the warnings are about the keyword argument change.
11:03:47 PM worker.1 | /Users/prathamesh/.rbenv/versions/2.7.0-rc2/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/faraday-0.17.1/lib/faraday/options.rb:166: warning: Capturing the given block using Proc.new is deprecated; use `&block` instead 11:03:49 PM worker.1 | /Users/prathamesh/.rbenv/versions/2.7.0-rc2/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/sinatra-2.0.7/lib/sinatra/base.rb:1641: warning: The last argument is used as keyword parameters; maybe ** should be added to the call 11:03:49 PM worker.1 | /Users/prathamesh/.rbenv/versions/2.7.0-rc2/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/mustermann-1.0.3/lib/mustermann.rb:62: warning: The called method `new' is defined here 11:03:49 PM worker.1 | /Users/prathamesh/.rbenv/versions/2.7.0-rc2/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/mustermann-1.0.3/lib/mustermann/pattern.rb:59: warning: The last argument is used as keyword parameters; maybe ** should be added to the call
Here is a list of gems that have fixed these warnings:
- Sinatra - Fixed in master
- Rails - Work in progress, lot of warnings are fixed in master branch.
- Devise - Fixed in master
- JSON - Fixed in 2.3.0
- Rubocop - Work in progress
- Sprockets - Fixed in master
- thor - Fixed in 1.0.0
- sprockets-rails - Fixed in master
- JBuilder - Fixed in master
- Faraday - Fixed in master and in 0.1x branch
- Kaminari - Fixed in master
- authlogic - Fixed in master
- Faker - Fixed in 2.10.0
- pg - Fixed in 1.2.0
- Bullet - Fixed in 6.1.0
- Capybara - Fixed in 3.30.1
- graphql-ruby - Work in progress
- tzinfo - Fixed in 2.0.1
- rspec-core - Fixed in 3.9.1
- mime-types - Fixed in 3.3.1
Thanks @connorjshea for helping me in compiling this list!